Worthwhile Projects has a passion for helping organisations deliver quality environmental and sustainability oriented solutions in a quality manner.
We have extensive experience in industry and community consultation and engaging stakeholders in delivering innovative and trusted outcomes.
Proven track record in assessing operational risk, eco-efficiency opportunities, legislative and regulatory requirements, environmental and heritage elements for various developments.
Extensive experience across hospitality and hotels, facilities management, manufacturing and event management sectors.
We help our clients improve business and sustainability performance by:
- Weaving sustainability into business strategy, planning and operations through practical guidance and tailored tools
- Applying risk assessment and issues management approaches, supported by effective consultation
- Developing and applying meaningful performance assessment indicators
- Delivering coaching and education programs for all organisational levels
Key service areas and skills
Environmental Management, Eco-efficiency & Sustainable Development
- Comprehensive experience in project evaluation, developing and implementing energy, water and waste and eco-efficiency projects
- Specialist knowledge of the planning, product development, infrastructure and marketing challenges and opportunities facing travel and tourism
- Experience across multiple sectors in the application of integrated operational management systems
Environment Management System (ISO 14001 et al ) – Training, Implementation and Audit
Review and evaluation of environment and sustainability related management strategy, systems and processes
Hotels, Travel & Tourism
Recent clients in Australia and Asia include:
- Novotel Hotels (EMS training, internal audits)
- Fraser Suites (sustainability training and support)
- The Observatory Apartments, Port Macquarie
- Sydney Opera House (sustainability training and support)
- EarthCheck (Senior Business Advisor) including provision of operational support to key clients
- Ibis Hotels (Internal audits)
- Manly Council (tourism waste)
- Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces (sustainability support)
- Stamford Hotels (energy efficiency)
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group (hotel audit and sustainability support)
- Corinna Wilderness Experience (sustainability performance review and awards)
Sustainable supply chain
Raising awareness & understanding – stakeholder consultation, organisation, management teams, executives and key personnel
- Creating effective linkages with stakeholders for resolving complex sustainability related issues
Sustainability diagnostic tools
- Extensive experience in development and application across diverse business and government sectors in Australia, Asia Pacific and the USA
- Development and implementation of the Sustainability Diagnostic Tool (SDT). The tool was developed and utilised for many years for sustainability reviews of Boral businesses across Australia and the USA using, and as a key performance measure in Boral’s Annual Sustainability Report. The SDT has been applied in several other organisations including the NSW Government’s Sustainability Advantage program as the principal industry performance evaluation tool.